Registration is open for the Wilderness First Aid (WFA) Course we are sponsoring on July 29-30. IKC member price for the WFA/add on CPR $100/$25 and $150/$35 for nonmembers. Note that non-members may register after June 5. This class will fill up, so register soon! Details and register: https://IKCWildernessFirstAid2023.eventbrite.com.
We are again offering field hikes and tours in 2023! Attend one or more for a great introduction to our preserves and our mission for members and non-members alike. Use the links provided for more info and to register.
- July 8 - Deep Dive into the Shawnee Cave System Hike https://ikcFieldTourJuly2023.eventbrite.com
- October 7 - Wayne Cave Preserve and the Geology of Garrison Chapel Karst Area Hike https://ikcFieldTourOctober2023.eventbrite.com
- November 4 - Sullivan Cave Preserve Field Hike and Tour https://ikcFieldTourNovember2023.eventbrite.com
(This event will be followed by an optional stewardship activity, with a light lunch provided for those who stay and help!)
Go to each link at any time and click "remind me" to have a reminder sent to you when registration opens.
Covid-19 Update: IKC preserves are currently open. If you visit a preserve, ensure that you follow CDC, state and local guidelines to prevent the spread of infectious diseases and practice Leave No Trace principles. As this situation is ever-changing, the IKC may open and close preserves as required.
Following these guidelines will not guarantee infection prevention.
If you choose to visit an IKC preserve, keep in the mind the following:
- If you are sick, stay home. Guests should self pre-screen and if you are within a high-risk population, please consider staying home for your own safety.
- Please follow all current CDC guidelines as they pertain to unvaccinated and vaccinated individuals.
Join the IKC: We can now accept your membership application and dues payment online! Click the Join Us! menu item above for more.
Indiana DNR has reopened caves in both Spring Mill State Park and in Cave River Valley for recreational caving by groups on an interim basis. Groups wishing to gain access must apply for a permit and comply with proper WNS decontamination protocols. Click here for details.
IKC membership brochure (923k PDF file)
Back issues of the IKC Update online
Our sinkhole management flyer (321k PDF file)
Indiana Bats, Kids and Caves -- Oh My!, an activity book for teachers
Purchase IKC promo items. Proceeds go to the land acquisition fund.